[Netext] next steps for netext

sgundave at cisco.com (Sri Gundavelli) Fri, 10 April 2009 16:09 UTC

From: "sgundave at cisco.com"
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:09:03 -0700
Subject: [Netext] next steps for netext
References: <C6024F8D.26581%basavaraj.patil@nokia.com> <Pine.GSO.4.63.0904081218050.25055@irp-view13.cisco.com> <9708A442043F44BFA590CE1FA8BB8C1C@ww300.siemens.net> <Pine.GSO.4.63.0904081442190.2863@sgundave-sb100.cisco.com> <8301B987256D41128165F847C2AE5A3B@ww300.siemens.net> <Pine.GSO.4.63.0904081508180.2863@sgundave-sb100.cisco.com> <FE8FF20E51114A3AB8F3116F00B67AE1@ww300.siemens.net> <Pine.GSO.4.63.0904092138340.22521@irp-view13.cisco.com> <E4C4FBCB90FD4E31A52D762A8C44417E@ww300.siemens.net>

Hi Domagoj,

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Domagoj Premec wrote:

> Sri,
>
> I think that as part of the netext work we should have a thorough look at
> the "certain advanced handoff operations" and specify exactly how this is
> supposed to work. Leaving this to be solved outside of the IETF is
> suboptimal... RFC 5213 is an IETF standard and we should take care that it
> works well under all scenarios without any unspecified assumption or
> undocumented restrictions.

I agree with you. The features that are supported in 5213, obviously
the mobile needs to be able to make use of it, some of the work I
proposed also aligns with this. RFC 5213's focus was on the network
side, we need ot be able to cover all the aspects.

Regards
Sri