Re: [netext] Consensus call: Adopt selective IPv4 offloading feature as specified in I-D draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-sipto-option

<Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com> Thu, 11 August 2011 16:17 UTC

From: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
To: behcetsarikaya@yahoo.com, netext@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 16:17:40 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.19.60.140]
Subject: Re: [netext] Consensus call: Adopt selective IPv4 offloading feature as specified in I-D draft-gundavelli-netext-pmipv6-sipto-option

Behcet,

This is the Netext WG which is responsible for working on extensions to
the network based mobility protocol, I.e PMIP6.
The proposal to offload IPv4 flows from the MAG was presented at IETF81
and there is WG interest in solving this problem. We are not trying to
develop protocols and extensions to PMIP6 that are comparable to MIP6 just
to be on par. The extension and feature would be taken up if it makes
sense.

I have asked for consensus on 3 topics. Prefix delegation is one of them.
I don¹t understand what you mean when you say 'NEMO-PD is somehow stuck
between the two".

-Raj