Re: [netext] Review of I-D: draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip-01

<Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com> Mon, 14 November 2011 01:38 UTC

From: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
To: sarikaya@ieee.org
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 01:38:06 +0000
x-originating-ip: [130.129.17.117]
Cc: netext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] Review of I-D: draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip-01

Behect,

I believe you answered your own question in the email. So yes, you are correct. The answer is No.

-Basavaraj

From: ext Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya2012@gmail.com<mailto:sarikaya2012@gmail.com>>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:46:28 -0600
To: Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com<mailto:basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>>
Cc: Netext <netext@ietf.org<mailto:netext@ietf.org>>, <draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip@tools.ietf.org<mailto:draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip@tools.ietf.org>>

Hi Basavaraj,

I have a question:

Can we at Netext work on specs that require modifying MN?

Reading the charter:

The work in this charter is entirely internal to the network and does
  not affect host IP stack operation in any way (except perhaps through
  impacting packet forwarding capacity visible to the hosts).

It seems to me the answer is no?

Regards,

Behcet