Re: [netext] AD review of draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration

<Dirk.von-Hugo@telekom.de> Fri, 06 January 2012 08:51 UTC

From: Dirk.von-Hugo@telekom.de
To: jari.arkko@piuha.net, sgundave@cisco.com
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 09:51:19 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
Cc: netext@ietf.org, draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netext] AD review of draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration

Dear all,

Referring to the suggested additional WG reviews of the updated draft I want to share with you the minor nits I found ;-)

1. Intro

provides a more optimal mechanism => provides a considerably improved mechanism
(afaik 'optimal' already denotes the best)

3.1. Motivation

revocation operations on a group on mobility sessions => revocation operations on a group of mobility sessions

3.2. General Operation

P.7
respectively, while the LMA assigns them both to the same to the
bulk
=> respectively, while the LMA assigns them both to the same bulk

part of bulk binding update group, L1.  =>  part of bulk binding update group, (L1).

4.1 Extensions to Proxy Binding Update Message

Figure 2 => Figure 2: Proxy Binding Update Message
(to have consistency to 4.2.)

'bulk binding operation group' (occurs 3 times in the draft, see p.12) is not defined?! Shouldn't it read => 'bulk binding update group' ?

group and thus any any binding update => group and thus any binding update

5.1 MAG Considerations

identifies the list of bulk binding update group specific to each
=> identifies the list of bulk binding update groups specific to each

5.1.1

Proxy Binding Update message.  If there is no such grouping is
=> Proxy Binding Update message.  If there is no such grouping

5.2.1.

given mobility session to a specific bulk binding update group is
=> given mobility session to a specific bulk binding update group are

P.16
if the if the received Proxy Binding Update from the new mobile
=> if the received Proxy Binding Update from the new mobile

5.2.2

Currently, this specification only support sub-type value of (1)
=> Currently, this specification only supports sub-type value of (1)

0 (Proxy Binding Update accepted).  => (0) (Proxy Binding Update accepted).

6.2. Mobile Access Gateway - Configuration Variables

this flag is set to (1), indicating that the the mobile access
=> this flag is set to (1), indicating that the mobile access

9. Acknowledgements

Patil Carlos Jesus Bernardos Cano and Jari Arkko for their reviews
=> Patil, Carlos Jesus Bernardos Cano, and Jari Arkko for their reviews

Thanks and best regards
Dirk