Re: [netext] IETF87 WG meeting minutes

Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <cjbc@it.uc3m.es> Wed, 28 August 2013 20:45 UTC

Return-Path: <cjbernardos@gmail.com>
X-Original-To: netext@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: netext@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 4569521E8095 for <netext@ietfa.amsl.com>; Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -1.677
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.677 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-2.599, FM_FORGED_GMAIL=0.622, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, MIME_8BIT_HEADER=0.3, NO_RELAYS=-0.001]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([12.22.58.30]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id rolRNKLfws+Z for <netext@ietfa.amsl.com>; Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from mail-ob0-x22a.google.com (mail-ob0-x22a.google.com [IPv6:2607:f8b0:4003:c01::22a]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 77E7621E8093 for <netext@ietf.org>; Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:45:44 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by mail-ob0-f170.google.com with SMTP id eh20so7331239obb.15 for <netext@ietf.org>; Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:45:44 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject :from:to:cc:content-type; bh=RHAhb2bSgTwuVggCgOr75v/jBYukJ8BwCDBYIIb+wtQ=; b=Br+GJfHKL9wBaNdUDF3x4l/7sJuSqSQ++QxVfWpulXFDU5m5LGUBQoh54HVfV1LYHv JQskvvDen8/mpc2Mp3StLlhYuLNfqBJuNktL7i+yZBxWOdVn9fklVIJ1WGxf6Ps0bqPs ETEukAJp+zT8//MlIngzmzB95g4DfeBj9IpuNQIJ9Y7dKrbmpWasDjLxsDVjqfBXeYhZ CANAtaFRZBIxwv0KLoxCRA95XYJ7Pnyq/oi8hhIaJ49ymHJtSc2KOqy+f5NgWCz4XtNf Usog+q85KmL4WpIXxuWwxw+ajlkcWu8U4lngbrCkHQs0+DPSqaYOxaiJIZqerSFlQgpK X+9g==
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.60.124.14 with SMTP id me14mr24670872oeb.4.1377722743028; Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:45:43 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: cjbernardos@gmail.com
Received: by 10.182.19.233 with HTTP; Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <CAA5F1T0TFTCLywHrgqPTJdDVN6Dxm0ShLo-nwZAb3ZvEPmu7cg@mail.gmail.com>
References: <CAA5F1T0TFTCLywHrgqPTJdDVN6Dxm0ShLo-nwZAb3ZvEPmu7cg@mail.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:45:42 +0200
X-Google-Sender-Auth: COcW79fnmhfH0ROmvPSjRBx0jAs
Message-ID: <CAJmad3NuDKf__dfFDJQbw7gEmwLNVSmmEwLOJvXnGxKhDhEiYg@mail.gmail.com>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carlos_Jes=FAs_Bernardos_Cano?= <cjbc@it.uc3m.es>
To: Basavaraj Patil <bpatil1@gmail.com>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7b5d33d4b280ba04e50812c9
Cc: "netext@ietf.org" <netext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netext] IETF87 WG meeting minutes
X-BeenThere: netext@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.12
Precedence: list
List-Id: "Mailing list for discusion of extensions to network mobility protocol, i.e PMIP6. " <netext.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/netext>, <mailto:netext-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netext>
List-Post: <mailto:netext@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:netext-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext>, <mailto:netext-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:45:48 -0000

Hi,

Thanks a lot Sandra, Charlie, and Raj for collecting the minutes. One
addition on the "Proxy Mobile IPv6 Extensions to Support Flow Mobility"
part. It was decided in the meeting that the editor of the draft would be
posting the proposal resolutions for each open issue to the mailing list,
so a consensus call could be done to agree on how to close them.

BTW, I'm currently working on it. I will post a new version of the I-D soon
covering already some of them and then work on the few pending ones.

Thanks,

Carlos


On 28 August 2013 17:56, Basavaraj Patil <bpatil1@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> Minutes of the Netext (Network-Based Mobility Extensions) working
> group meeting at IETF87
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> TUESDAY, July 30, 2013,  Afternoon Session I (1300-1500)
> Room: Tiergarten 1/2
>
>
> Credits for the minutes:
> 1. Charles Perkins
> 2. Sandra Cespedes
>
> The chairs would also like to thank Suresh Krishnan for chairing the
> meeting at short notice because of travel issues faced by the current
> co-chair, Basavaraj Patil who was able to make it to the meeting for
> just the last 15 minutes. Rajeev Koodli (co-chair) participated
> remotely via jabber/meetecho.
>
> - Update on working group documents presented by Suresh.
>
> Discussion of the WG documents follows:
> - Revision of documents that will be on Last Call. The process will be
>   on the mailing list.
>
> Juan Carlos-> There is the WG draft pertaining to the logical
> interface from 2007. It has received comments but it has been stalled
> for at least a year. That's something that should be addressed.
> Sri-> Julien said all the comments have been resolved. So the document
> should be ready for the last call.
> Suresh --> Is there something you have to present right now? If not,
> then write it to the mailing list.
> Sri--> The only issues that were brought up have been already
> resolved. Changes will be highlighted at the mailing list.
>
> Comment from Rajeev:
>  Chairs think that we need some discussion on on LIF
>
> ---------------------------
>
> 1. Proxy Mobile IPv6 Extensions to Support Flow Mobility
>    I-D: draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob
>    CJ Bernardos
>
> Charlie --> How can you tell if the policies are consistent
> Carlos --> You can use many mechanisms. Depend on the deployment but
> the draft doesn't defining a specific mechanism.
> Suresh --> It is a difficult issue. That is way the decision is to
> leave that  outside of the scope of the document
> Juan Carlos --> The idea here and the reason for concern is that the
> document needs to clarify the need for the policies to be consistent.
>
> Behcet -> (Related to his comments on the draft) I'm tired of talking
> about this.  There is a fundamental misunderstanding of what is this
> issue. I have posted it to the list and didn't get a reply after 3
> months.
> Suresh --> Look for the information on the tracker.
> Behcet --> I can't find it now. Maybe next week.
> Carlos: I copied the description from the tracker. It is about using
> the BID when you have different bindings  for different
> connections. We are using the binding updates to use them with
> different flows.
> Suresh: Please take 5 minutes to read the comment of Behcet and
> indicate if you think there is a problem.
> Sri: I don't see issues about using BID. State is created on the
> LMA. I don´t understand why are you arguing on this issue for many
> months. I think the draft is fine as is.
> Juan Carlos: I'm trying to read through. I don't see any issue on this
> one. I don't think there is any problem.
> Ruji: I didn't follow this problem. I don't see the problem here.
> Marco: I don't see the issue. It's just about the identification.
> Charlie: You are using the BID to identify the flow?
> Carlos: No, it's for identifying the MAG, for the flow you have flow
> IDs.
> Charlie: You can use the BID for a flow ID.
> Carlos: You need to identify the different flows to identify the
> bindings.
> Marco: It is only used for the identification of the binding, so the
> LMA can identify it.
> John: I haven't follow in detail but I don't see any problem with this.
> Suresh: I personally think it's fine, but let the list decide and give
> Behcet time to think more about this.
>
>
>
> Suresh: What is the relation of this document with the logical
> interface's draft. Is that required for this draft?
> Carlos: There is no normative requirement.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> 2. Quality of Service Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6
>      I-D: draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-03
> Marco Liebsch
>
>
> Charlie: Bearers are not trivial to be explained.
> Marco: We received the comment to clarify the role of bearers in the
> document. Bearers and TFT are related to cellular environments, so
> here we should not talk about those specific things but instead about
> policies per-mobile node and per-flow.
> Suresh: I think it's good if you receive more comments on this
> draft. Volunteers: Charlie, Josh, Rajesh. Get back with comments in
> three weeks.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> 3. Separation of Control and User Plane for Proxy Mobile IPv6
> I-D: draft-wakikawa-netext-pmip-cp-up-separation-00
> R. Wakikawa
>
> Suresh: The goal is to gauge whether there is WG support to adopt this
> draft at the end of this session.
>
> Ryuji: separation of control plane and user plane
>  also need to update for the alternate CoA option
> - UP and CP addresses of LMA can be co-located, not specified
>  - WiFi scenario (WLC == wireless LAN controller)
> - has been proposed repeatedly proposed since 2008
> - Charlie has agreed to work togethero on this document
>
> Rajeev (jabber): Is there a a need for the WLC and MAG to be collocated?
> Ryuji: No, we use it here just as an example.
> Marco: I think it's a useful work. How far should this extension go?
> Ryuji: We are thinking on defining a single mobility option. Just the
> signaling.
> Suresh : Calls for voting on adopting the document.
> The room agrees on adopting the draft.
>
>
> ---------------------------
>
> 4. Dynamic CoA Support for PMIPv6
> I-D: TBA
> Sri Gundavelli
>
> Sri presenting: Indicates the draft is not ready yet.
>
> Bulk Revocation needs a MAG identifier, which is not specified
>  MAG identifier proposal is close to the format in RFC 4382
>
> No comments from the WG. Need a draft before further discussion.
>
>
> ---------------------------
>
> 5. Mapping PMIP Quality of Service in WiFi Network
> I-D: draft-kaippallimalil-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-02
> J. Kaippallimalil
>
> John Kaippallimalil
> - has been presented in [netext] before
> - is complementary to the PMIP QoS draft
>  - WiFi AP is modeled as a PEP, as well as WLC
> - QoS information from WLC to WiFI AP
> - PMIP 802.11e mapping
>  - WiFi AP does not know how to control traffic
> according to WLC / PEP parameters
> - What about QoS from the client (i.e., upstream)?
> - Marco Liebsch: current QoS draft should be aligned
> -- John K. It is intended to be aligned
> - Marco: No mechanism yet on the MAG to retrieve the QCI
> - Brian: comment from Rajeev: does the draft assume a particular
> 802.11 implementation?
>
> <Basavaraj shows up finally>
>
> - Sri, Marco: Looks like a reasonable effort
> - Charlie: What is the connection between AP <--> WLC versus
> PMIP?  If IP-within-IP replaced PMIP, would anything change
> - Document review: Charlie, Ashutosh, Rajesh, Marco
>
>
> Meeting adjourned at 2:13pm
>
>
> ---------------------------
>
>
> --
> Basavaraj Patil
>
> _______________________________________________
> netext mailing list
> netext@ietf.org
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext
>
>