Re: [netext] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-09.txt]

<pierrick.seite@orange.com> Thu, 19 June 2014 08:32 UTC

From: pierrick.seite@orange.com
To: Hidetoshi Yokota <yokota@kddilabs.jp>, "netext@ietf.org" <netext@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 08:32:21 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.4]
Subject: Re: [netext] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob-09.txt]

Hi Hidetoshi/all,

Release -08 mandates RFC7077 and the doc was good, IMHO. But, in London, we have decided (group consensus) to reintroduce FMI/FMA to avoid dependency between RFC. Now, it's true that introducing 2 options for message format makes the solution more complex for little added-value (no major differences between messages)... So, maybe the question is "is it good or bad to have RFC dependency?" then update the draft according the answer...

Pierrick