Re: [netext] #16: requirement for single interface

<pierrick.seite@orange.com> Thu, 14 February 2013 11:41 UTC

From: pierrick.seite@orange.com
To: 'netext issue tracker' <trac+netext@trac.tools.ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob@tools.ietf.org>, "cjbc@it.uc3m.es" <cjbc@it.uc3m.es>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:41:21 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.197.38.1]
Cc: "netext@ietf.org" <netext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netext] #16: requirement for single interface

Ok. I guess that, in this case, mobility of an IP flow requests the MN to support the weak host model, right?

May I suggest to reword the following sentence (section 3.2.1)

[if the IP layer at the mobile node shows one single interface, then the mobile node has one single IPv6 address configured at the IP layer: pref1::mn1. Otherwise, two different IPv6 addresses (pref1::if1 and pref1::if2) would be configured.]

As

[if the IP layer at the mobile node shows one single logical interface [ref to logical interface I-D], then the mobile node has one single IPv6 address configured at the IP layer: pref1::mn1. Otherwise, per interface IPv6 addresses (e.g. pref1::if1 and pref1::if2) would be configured; each address must be valid on every interfaces.]