[Netext] next steps for netext

jari.arkko at piuha.net (Jari Arkko) Mon, 06 April 2009 17:29 UTC

From: "jari.arkko at piuha.net"
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:29:49 +0300
Subject: [Netext] next steps for netext

Xiangsong,

> In my mind the BoF covers both the extensions on PMIP6 and
> the extension on PMIP4, and also the interworking between
> them, is it ?
> After I read the charter, I was impressed that the extensions
> are only on PMIP6, because the charter mentioned RFC5213 and
> MEXT WG, but without any information about PMIP4.

This effort is focused on Proxy Mobile IPv6 and its extensions only
(including, of course IPv4 support via
draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-ipv4-support).

Work on PMIP4, i.e., draft-leung-mip4-proxy-mode is currently not in
IETF scope; that draft is a non-IETF submission via the RFC editor. This
could change, of course, but we did not see any proposals in the BOF on
this topic. I suspect it might be a separate effort, if we wanted to do
something about it.

Jari