working group

"Mark H. Needleman" <mhn@stubbs.ucop.edu> Sun, 01 August 1993 19:06 UTC

Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1993 11:44:39 -0700
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Mark H. Needleman" <mhn@stubbs.ucop.edu>
Subject: working group
To: netfax@stubbs.ucop.edu

Folks

Im writing for a couple of reasons. One I went to a presentation at the
Amsterdam IETF on an experiment in remote printing being organized by Carl
Malamud and Marshall Rose that is described in RFC1486 that basically
allows you to mail things to print and fax gateways and uses the dns to
address fax machines in a way that was one of the things we had talked
about in the working group - i thought I should make folks aware of this
if they were not already.

Also I want to get a sense of who if anyone has implemented the RFC1314
format - If there have been some implementations I would like to get it
advanced to full standard status

This also brings up the question, especially now that this printing
experiment is going on of wether it is time to reactivate the working
group to try and move forward on some of the issues we were unable to get
consensus on before.

One possibility would be to see how the experiment that Carl and Marshall
are running goes and then try to standardize some stuff based on the work
that they have done

What do people think?

Mark Needleman
University of California