Re: [netlmm] Issue: Auth Option support

Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nsn.com> Fri, 07 September 2007 21:55 UTC

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:55:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [netlmm] Issue: Auth Option support
From: Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nsn.com>
To: Sri Gundavelli <sgundave@cisco.com>, 'Julien Laganier' <julien.IETF@laposte.net>, netlmm@ietf.org

To ensure there is interoperability between multiple implementations, there
needs to be a default security mechanism and that would be IPsec. What
specific method is used in a certain deployment is not mandated by the spec.

So I think we can just leave it as a MUST for IPsec as the default security
solution without saying MUST use.

-Raj