Re: [netmod] 答复: 答复: Please clarify implementation about ‘when’

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Thu, 26 September 2019 12:12 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 14:11:46 +0200
To: lhotka@nic.cz
Cc: J.Schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de, netmod@ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [netmod] 答复: 答复: Please clarify implementation about ‘when’

Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@nic.cz> wrote:

> > > I do insist that the wording in 7950 permits my interpretation, so I don't
> > > propose any change.
> >
> > It does not. You cannot cherry pick sentences.
>
> I am not aware of any cherry-picking on my side. Can you show that my
> interpretation is not possible?

8.2 says:

   o  If a request modifies a configuration data node such that any
      node's "when" expression becomes false, then the node in the data=

      tree with the "when" expression is deleted by the server.

This means that requests can modify config this way, otherwise this
text wouldn't be there.  This is not just an intention, but follows
from the text.

>  Whatever the intent was, it is the text of the
> spec that counts.

With this logic, no client can be certain of anything; a server would
be free to reject legal requests in any way it liked.  For example it
would be perfectly fine for a server to only accept requests that
modifies a single leaf at the time.

/martin