Re: [netmod] schema mount and YANG library

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Fri, 19 January 2018 16:47 UTC

Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:47:37 +0100
To: lberger@labn.net
Cc: joelja@bogus.com, netmod@ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [netmod] schema mount and YANG library

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> Managing transitions is always a challenge. Also coming up with a
> consensus solutions often involves compromise which will sometimes
> challenge enthusiasm for support of the solution. Unfortunately,
> schema mount hits both of these challenges.
>
> From the compromise standpoint, we've had parties basically negotiate
> over a period of 2 years on a solution that both accepted is
> workable. I know that the users of the draft explicitly decided that

Note that nothing changes for other documents if we use YLbis (except
for updating some examples, as Lada noted).  Also note that there are
other users than other WGs (vendor implementations).

Yes, it may add a few more weeks to the publication process, but I
definitely think it is worth it.  As you wrote, we've been working
on this for a couple of years, so waiting a few more weeks should be
ok.

I note that you didn't reply to my question about why this document is
different compared to all other documents that we require to be
NMDA-compliant.

/martin