Re: [netmod] 答复: FW: a question about ietf-hardware yang module

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Thu, 27 June 2019 19:53 UTC

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 21:52:56 +0200
To: j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de
Cc: frank.fengchong@huawei.com, andy@yumaworks.com, netmod@ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [netmod] 答复: FW: a question about ietf-hardware yang module

Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 04:59:08PM +0200, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> >
> > Sounds reasonable.  But what exactly does "replaced by a different
> > component" mean?  Presumably it has the same name, but something else
> > is different.
> >

> Yes, good point, I think the phrase "by a different hardware
> component" should be removed. It seems last-change should change when
> I unplug a component and I plug it back shortly after, i.e., a
> component is replaced by itself. So we have:
>
>         "The last time a new hardware component has been added to the
>          '/hardware/component' list, or a hardware component has been
>          removed from the '/hardware/component' list, or a hardware
>          component in the '/hardware/component' list has been
>          replaced."

I think that this is still not clear what it means that a component
has been replaced.  Do you mean "replaced by a different hardware
component"?

Otherwise (unplug then plug in the same component), the system either
detects the removal and thus updates last-change, or it doesn't detect
the quick removal/insertion, and then it can't do anything.  Thus, I
don't think this case needs special treatment, and the text could be
just:

         "The last time a new hardware component has been added to the
          '/hardware/component' list, or a hardware component has been
          removed from the '/hardware/component' list."

/martin