Re: [netmod] Comments on draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-06//RE: Few Comments ////RE: Publication has been requested for draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-04

Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org> Fri, 08 March 2019 12:00 UTC

From: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>
To: Rohit R Ranade <rohitrranade@huawei.com>
Cc: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>, Joel Jaeggli <joelja@gmail.com>, "ibagdona@gmail.com" <ibagdona@gmail.com>, "netmod-chairs@ietf.org" <netmod-chairs@ietf.org>, "iesg-secretary@ietf.org" <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>, "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 07:00:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [netmod] Comments on draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-06//RE: Few Comments ////RE: Publication has been requested for draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-04

Rohit R Ranade <rohitrranade@huawei.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> While looking at Section 3.1, it looks like this document does not mandate that all IETF drafts in future MUST have atleast one module-tag. Is this correct ? Or whether it is better that future IETF draft MUST/SHOULD have at least one IETF tag ?

Correct, we aren't mandating tag use.

> Consider modules like "ietf-yang-types" and similar which provide common definitions, what will be the tags for such modules ?
>
> Editorial:
> ------------
> Section 4.1
> "If the module definition is IETF standards track, the tags MUST also
>    be Section 2.1. " ==> s/ MUST also be Section 2.1. / MUST also adhere to Section 2.1./  ?

I corrected this based on the GenART review (the odd text was a tool use error on my part).

   "...
   If the module is defined in an IETF standards track document, the
   tags MUST be IETF Standard Tags (2.1).
   ..."

I've been waiting to publish corrections until after the GenART review is done.

Thanks,
Chris.