Re: [netmod] Review comments for module-tags-02

Rohit R Ranade <rohitrranade@huawei.com> Wed, 17 October 2018 11:46 UTC

From: Rohit R Ranade <rohitrranade@huawei.com>
To: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>
CC: "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:46:03 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.18.150.121]
Subject: Re: [netmod] Review comments for module-tags-02

I think we need to define a subtree for non-NMDA clients to get the operational tags.

Reference:  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dsdt-nmda-guidelines-01
"   2.  Models that require immediate support for "in use" and "system
       created" information SHOULD be structured for NMDA.  A non-NMDA
       version of these models SHOULD also be published, using either an
       existing model or a model created either by hand or with suitable
       tools that support current modeling strategies.  Both the NMDA
       and the non-NMDA modules SHOULD be published in the same
       document, with NMDA modules in the document main body and the
       non-NMDA modules in a non-normative appendix.  The use of the
       non-NMDA model will allow temporary bridging of the time period
       until NMDA implementations are available."