Re: [netmod] [Gen-art] Review: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6021-bis-01

Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de> Mon, 13 May 2013 10:37 UTC

Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:37:47 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>
To: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
Cc: IETF discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>, NETMOD Working Group <netmod@ietf.org>, gen-art@ietf.org, draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6021-bis.all@tools.ietf.org, "A. Jean Mahoney" <mahoney@nostrum.com>
Subject: Re: [netmod] [Gen-art] Review: draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6021-bis-01

Joel,

this is specified in the third paragraph of section 9.4.6 of RFC 6020:

9.4.6.  The pattern Statement

   The "pattern" statement, which is an optional substatement to the
   "type" statement, takes as an argument a regular expression string,
   as defined in [XSD-TYPES].  It is used to restrict the built-in type
   "string", or types derived from "string", to values that match the
   pattern.

   If the type has multiple "pattern" statements, the expressions are
   ANDed together, i.e., all such expressions have to match.

   If a pattern restriction is applied to an already pattern-restricted
   type, values must match all patterns in the base type, in addition to
   the new patterns.

/js