Subject: [netmod] Deb Cooley's No Objection on draft-ietf-netmod-acl-extensions-15: (with COMMENT)
From: Deb Cooley via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2025 16:05:27 -0700
List-Id: NETMOD WG list <netmod.ietf.org>

Deb Cooley has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-acl-extensions-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Sean Turner and Linda Dunbar for their secdir reviews:

Section 5, para 2:  Please replace the second (and last sentence) with "The
YANG-based management protocols require the use of a secure transport layer
such as SSH [RFC4252], TLS [RFC8446], or QUIC [RFC9000].  The YANG-based
management protocols also require mutual authentication."

Section 5, para 4:  Please define 'reasonably sensitive or vulnerable' and
'particular sensitivities/vulnerabilities.  Alternatively, delete the words
'reasonably' and 'particular'.

Section 5, para 5:  Perhaps the second to last sentence should say 'The former
may result in the exposure of sensitive data, or compromise a device.

Section 5, para 7:  Please delete the word 'particular'.