Re: [netmod] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7950 (5879)

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Tue, 22 October 2019 15:03 UTC

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 17:02:29 +0200
To: rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
Cc: ibagdona@gmail.com, warren@kumari.net, joelja@bogus.com, kent+ietf@watsen.net, lberger@labn.net, lhotka@nic.cz, netmod@ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [netmod] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7950 (5879)

Hi,

The problem is that it is not clear that we can use this new
definition with the rest of the text in the RFC that uses this term.
For example, section 7.1.5 talks about "the imported module's schema
tree", and this doesn't really work if the schema tree is not tied to
a module.

Also the proposed definition is recursive since it is defined in
terms of "schema node", and a "schema node" is already defined as "a
node in the schema tree".

So it probably makes sense to look at this definition (and the text
and other definitions) if we do a document update, but as it is
currently written I think it should be rejected.

/martin