Re: [netmod] Proposed IANA text for YANG Module Versioning and Semver Drafts

Ladislav Lhotka <ladislav.lhotka@nic.cz> Wed, 03 March 2021 12:19 UTC

From: Ladislav Lhotka <ladislav.lhotka@nic.cz>
To: "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <rwilton=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 13:19:06 +0100
Subject: Re: [netmod] Proposed IANA text for YANG Module Versioning and Semver Drafts

Hi Rob,

I don't know whether this has been discussed, but one issue that might need to be addressed is the difference between IANA and YANG in the definitions of "obsolete" and "deprecated" - the details are here (slide 5):

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-dnsop-sessa-yang-types-for-dns-classes-and-resource-record-types-00

The best solution would be to unify the definitions. If this is not possible (in a short term), then it is IMO necessary to mark an entry that is made obsolete or deprecated in an IANA registry as "obsolete" in the YANG module.

Lada