Re: [netmod] Confirming draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-03 consensus call

Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org> Fri, 16 November 2018 02:57 UTC

From: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 21:57:16 -0500
Cc: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>, Robert Wilton <rwilton@cisco.com>, joel jaeggli <joelja@gmail.com>, "draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags.authors@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags.authors@ietf.org>, NETMOD Working Group <netmod@ietf.org>
To: Kent Watsen <kwatsen@juniper.net>
Subject: Re: [netmod] Confirming draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-03 consensus call

So I would now have a new tags server to store tags associated with the modules for each of my actual servers in my network?

This seems a bit convoluted to me, and I haven’t heard anyone say what the problem is with the servers storing the tags associated with their modules, there are obvious problems (that you highlight) with the servers *not* storing the tags.

I think this is a rather simple thing we’ve proposed, and the server is the seemingly natural/simple place to do it.

I think it would be good to get some justification for *not* having the server store tags for it’s own modules.

Thanks,
Chris.