Re: [netmod] New Version Notification for draft-shytyi-opsawg-vysm-02.txt [AKA: A reworking of RFC8334]

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com> Tue, 22 October 2019 20:20 UTC

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 22:20:08 +0200
To: ietf.dmytro@shytyi.net
Cc: J.Schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de, opsawg@ietf.org, netmod@ietf.org
From: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>
Subject: Re: [netmod] New Version Notification for draft-shytyi-opsawg-vysm-02.txt [AKA: A reworking of RFC8334]

[since you sent the same email to two WGs, I have added both to Cc in
this reply.  i don't think we should have parallell discussions in
different MLs]

Dmytro Shytyi <ietf.dmytro@shytyi.net> wrote:
> Hello Jurgen,
>

> Thank you for your comment,
>

> Yeap I think it is a great idea to explain why do we need the adjustments  of RFC 8343 in the case of draft-shytyi-opsawg-vysm-04.
>

> What do you think about this:
>
> 1. uCPE phy interface has "vPorts" to witch "vLinks are
> assigned". "vLinks "connect" the phy interface with  "vPort" of
> vswitch. Thus we may add to the derieved from RFC 8343 module the
> list of "vPorts" for each phy interface.

You should use "augment" if you want to add additional nodes to an
existing module.

> example with 1 phy interface:
>

>                               +-------------------------------------
>
>                               |                  UCPE
>
>                   +------------+
>
>                   |                        |------vPort 1---vlink---(vport_sw)vswitch(vport_sw)--vlink---.....----WAN
>
> LAN----|   Phy             |------vPort 2
>
>                   |   interface     |
>
>                   +-------------+

> 2. If we include the yang module from the RFC 8343 to the set of yang models by default it goes in the root of config mode. i.e:
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
> config t
>
>       interfaces interface....
>

> When we have a parent module we need to place the RFC 8343 module to under the parent module (like in the draft draft-shytyi-opsawg-vysm-04).

Have you looked at the models in RFC 8529 and RFC 8530?  Perhaps you
can use them, rather than creating another special module for this
particular use case?

/martin