[netmod] Call for adoption request of draft-kwatsen-netmod-artwork-folding-04

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Sat, 23 June 2018 01:37 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 01:37:11 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.138.33.244]
Subject: [netmod] Call for adoption request of draft-kwatsen-netmod-artwork-folding-04

Dear WG,

As you may recall I presented yang-xml-doc-conventions in London.  There was strong support for trying to solve the problem and mixed views on the solution, other than that we should do it fast.  In the meanwhile, Kent submitted artwork-folding as an alternative solution.

The authors of the two drafts decided to combine efforts.  After several internal iterations on both drafts, the drafts were becoming more alike than different(both support auto wrapping or auto folding).  The artwork-folding draft was selected as a preferred offering basis (i.e., draft-kwatsen-netmod-artwork-folding-04) to the working group to consider for adoption.

The primary feature differences remained are:
  - all folded lines continue of column 0 without two character indentation, i.e., whether auto indentation should be supported.
  - handle two special case on backslash and space at the end of broken line in yang-xml-doc-conventions.
  - propose to use <WRAPPED TEXT BEGIN><WRAPPED TEXT END> to extract artwork from I-Ds.

Thanks,
Qin, Kent, Benoit and Adrian