Re: [netmod] Schema-mount question: Augmentation to the Mounted Module

Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@nic.cz> Wed, 14 June 2017 11:17 UTC

From: Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@nic.cz>
To: Xufeng Liu <xufeng.liu.ietf@gmail.com>, draft-ietf-netmod-schema-mount@ietf.org, netmod@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 13:17:34 +0200
Subject: Re: [netmod] Schema-mount question: Augmentation to the Mounted Module

Hi Xufeng,

please see my answers inline.

Xufeng Liu <xufeng.liu.ietf@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Lada,
>

> We have got two questions on how to specify the module entries in a schema:
>

> 1.	Are augmentations of parent modules inherited when augmented module
> is listed in schema-mounts schema?
>
> For example, ietf-ospf module augments ietf-routing. When we include
> ietf-routing to the schema entry, is ietf-ospf automatically included?

No, you also have to include "ietf-ospf" in the "module" list inside the
corresponding "schema" entry, exactly as you do in the top level YANG
library, otherwise ietf-ospf won't be mounted.

> 2.	When we have ietf-yang-library mounted under a parent (LNE), does
> ietf-yang-library have to contain exactly the same list of Yang modules as
> the list contained in the "schema" entry under "schema-mount"?

I am not sure I understand but do you mean an LNE mounted schema defined via
the "use-schema" case that also includes ietf-yang-library? This is a
corner case we probably haven't thought about but it IMO doesn't make
any sense to do so because the applicable YANG library that counts is
inside the "schema" entry. Martin, should we address this anomaly?

BTW, I think that normally LNE schema is supposed to be mounted using the
"inline" case, and then of course ietf-yang-library is required but
there is no "schema" entry under "schema-mounts" to worry about.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: 0xB8F92B08A9F76C67