Re: [netmod] yanglint and implemented versus imported YANG modules

William Lupton <wlupton@broadband-forum.org> Tue, 07 March 2017 14:40 UTC

From: William Lupton <wlupton@broadband-forum.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 14:35:45 +0000
To: Radek Krejčí <rkrejci@cesnet.cz>
Cc: netmod@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [netmod] yanglint and implemented versus imported YANG modules

Inline. Thanks, W.

> On 7 Mar 2017, at 09:49, Radek Krejčí <rkrejci@cesnet.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I think that the default approach should be to expect that, until explicitly stated, the imported module is just imported, not implemented. But it is fine to me to add an option to force the implemented flag on all the modules. Benoit can then use the flag in his scripts.
>
> However, I checked RFC 7950 again, and I would like to have a feedback from the NETMOD group to the section 7.1.5, that states that
> "the importing module may:
>   o  use any node in the imported module's schema tree in "must",
>      "path", and "when" statements, or as the target node in "augment"
>      and "deviation" statements.”

So this was the situation in the original message, right? This warning was being output:
* warn: Schema node "ietf-ip:ipv4" not found (/ietf-interfaces:interfaces/ietf-interfaces:interface[ietf-interfaces:name = current()]/ietf-ip:ipv4)

…not because "ietf-ip:ipv4” doesn’t exist, but because the ietf-ip module was imported rather than implemented.

I think you are saying that (per RFC 7950 section 7.1.5) “ietf-ip:ipv4” should have been found, in which case there wouldn’t have been a warning. Is that correct?