[netmod] Mirja Kühlewind's Abstain on draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-08: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 29 August 2019 12:11 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding@ietf.org, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, netmod-chairs@ietf.org, lberger@labn.net, netmod@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 05:11:51 -0700
Subject: [netmod] Mirja Kühlewind's Abstain on draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-08: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-08: Abstain

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding/

COMMENT:

I don't think this draft is in scope of the charter of the netmod working
group. I've seen in the shepherd write-up that input from the RSE was received,
therefore I don't necessarily assume that a different publication path would
have produced a different outcome and I decided not to block publication,
however, given the publication path taken it is  not visible to me if
sufficient feedback from the right people that are impacted or targeted by this
document has been received.

In general I don't think it is okay to publish a document that is out-of scope
for a working group, especially when the scope of the document impacts other
work in the IETF so broadly (while I do understand that this was written with
main focus on YANG). Given the current situation I would eventually rather go
for informational than BCP.