Re: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-16.txt

Kristian Larsson <kristian@spritelink.net> Wed, 07 February 2018 13:53 UTC

To: Mahesh Jethanandani <mjethanandani@gmail.com>
Cc: netmod@ietf.org
From: Kristian Larsson <kristian@spritelink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 14:56:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model-16.txt

On 2018-02-06 19:36, Mahesh Jethanandani wrote:
> Kristian,
>
> As I commented on the PR, putting the ‘container’ inside of the ‘choice’ statement allows me to collapse the ‘container’ and the ‘case’ statement into a single ‘container’ statement. With your changes, I see an additional ‘case’ statement, bloating the model in four places.

You are right and I see how you have moved the container from the types
module. I think I was thrown off by making assumption on how things
looked in my branch of the model rather than inspecting your history.

The original issue that I disliked here is that you have a container
named source-port-range-or-operator which I think is a good name for a
choice statement in the schema tree but is a horrible name for a node in
the data tree. It should simply be "source-port". Can we please fix that?

I did place my containers and choice statements the other way around for
even when we use a object reference I imagined that it would be under
the source-port container, thus having that at the top makes sense. This
is less important though, if we want to repeat that through the object
reference augmentations that's fine.

    Kristian.