Re: [netmod] review of draft-acee-netmod-rfc8022bis-05

Vladimir Vassilev <vladimir@transpacket.com> Fri, 03 November 2017 18:17 UTC

To: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee@cisco.com>, "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
From: Vladimir Vassilev <vladimir@transpacket.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 19:17:01 +0100
Subject: Re: [netmod] review of draft-acee-netmod-rfc8022bis-05

On 11/03/2017 05:49 PM, Acee Lindem (acee) wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> Thanks for comments - see inline.
>
> On 10/29/17, 8:43 PM, "netmod on behalf of Vladimir Vassilev"
> <netmod-bounces@ietf.org on behalf of vladimir@transpacket.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have reviewed draft-acee-netmod-rfc8022bis-05. My conclusion is that
>> the YANG modules part of the draft have been successfully modified in
>> accordance with sec. '4.23.3 NMDA Transition Guidelines' of
>> draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-14. The modifications are coherent with the
>> ietf-interfaces@2017-08-17.yang module in
>> draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis-00 and ietf-ip@2017-08-21.yang module in
>> draft-ietf-netmod-rfc7277bis-00.
>>
>> Vladimir
>>

>> Review of draft-acee-netmod-rfc8022bis-05.
>> Vladimir Vassilev
>> 2017-10-30
>>
>> 'Abstract':
>> 'Introduction 1':
>>   - Both Abstract and Sec 1. contain duplicated text which can be removed
> >from Abstract. The text in Sec 1. can be simplified:
>> OLD:
>>     This version of these YANG modules uses new names for these YANG
>>     models.  The main difference from the first version is that this
>>     version fully conforms to the Network Management Datastore
>>     Architecture (NMDA).  Consequently, this document obsoletes RFC 8022.
>> NEW:
>>     This version of the Routing Management data model supports the Network
>>     Management Datastore Architecture (NMDA)
>> [I-D.ietf-netmod-revised-datastores].
> The Abstract and Introduction sections are independent and the information
> is pertinent to both.
>

>> '7.  Routing Management YANG Module':
>>
>>   - Why should address-family identity be different e.g. mandatory
>> "false"; for system created RIBs? I think this needs some explanation
>> (Page 21):
>>             uses address-family {
>>               description
>>                 "Address family of the RIB.
>>
>>                  It is mandatory for user-controlled RIBs.  For
>>                  system-controlled RIBs it can be omitted; otherwise, it
>>                  must match the address family of the corresponding state
>>                  entry.";
>>               refine "address-family" {
>>                 mandatory "false";
>>               }
>>             }
> I will discuss this with my co-authors.
>>   - Suggested change of 'base address-family;' -> 'base
>> rt:address-family;' for identity ipv4 and ipv6 (ref.
>> draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-14#section-4.2):
>>
>>      o The local module prefix MUST be used instead of no prefix in
>>      all "default" statements for an "identityref" or
>> "instance-identifier"
>>          data type
> I added “rt:” where it was missing to the identityref statements. This
> will be in the next revision.
I made this one sound credible but later noticed I quoted irrelevant
text from draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-14 ('default' is not 'base'). And
the text in RFC7950 '5.4.  Resolving Grouping, Type, and Identity Names'
states that static scoping applies to identifiers in type statements
which overrules 7.13 'The "uses" statement'.

My bad. The change is redundant.