Re: [netmod] New Version Notification for draft-kwatsen-netmod-artwork-folding-07.txt

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Sat, 29 September 2018 01:34 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, 'Kent Watsen' <kwatsen@juniper.net>, 'tom petch' <ietfc@btconnect.com>
CC: "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 01:33:59 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.138.33.244]
Subject: Re: [netmod] New Version Notification for draft-kwatsen-netmod-artwork-folding-07.txt

+1, boiling ocean and making a common solution to address some various use cases beyond scope of netmod, YANG is not our intention.
We have already tried to come up with complicate solutions (e.g., format aware folding)before and unfortunately it adds a lot of complexity
and has a lot of limitations.

-Qin