Re: [netmod] WGLC for draft-ietf-tictoc-1588v2-yang

Alex Campbell <Alex.Campbell@Aviatnet.com> Fri, 15 September 2017 05:27 UTC

From: Alex Campbell <Alex.Campbell@Aviatnet.com>
To: Jiangyuanlong <jiangyuanlong@huawei.com>, "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
CC: "tictoc@ietf.org" <tictoc@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 05:27:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.15.6.10]
Subject: Re: [netmod] WGLC for draft-ietf-tictoc-1588v2-yang

Hi,
I've reviewed the draft and found the following issues.

* YANG enumeration values are conventionally lowercase, but the delay-mechanism-enumeration and port-state-enumeration types in the draft have uppercase values.
* Similarly, hyphens should be used rather than underscores (pre-master instead of PRE_MASTER)
* number-ports doesn't read naturally in English; I suggest renaming it to number-of-ports.
* The description of port-ds-list contains a typo - "memer" instead of "member".
* There's no need to have groupings that are only used once (such as parent-ds-entry, current-ds-entry, default-ds-entry, transparent-clock-default-ds-entry, port-ds-entry, transparent-clock-default-ds-entry, and so on) unless this is for futureproofing or some other reason I'm not aware of.
* Is it necessary to include -ds in the name of every leaf, container and grouping?

Note I'm not familiar with IEEE 1588, apart from a brief look through it just now.

Alex