Re: [netmod] New Version Notification for draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-04.txt

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Wed, 12 August 2020 09:08 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: =?gb2312?B?zfUgzqE=?= <w13070197900@outlook.com>, "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 09:07:53 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.164.120.119]
Subject: Re: [netmod] New Version Notification for draft-tao-netmod-yang-node-tags-04.txt

Hi, Wei Wang:
发件人: 王 巍 [mailto:w13070197900@outlook.com]
发送时间: 2020年8月12日 10:33
收件人: netmod@ietf.org; Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>

Hi Qin,

Thanks for updating, I think telemetry data tagging and classification is a good idea, it captures different
KPI data from various different data source and correlate them together and provide
comprehensive view of the network quality, also provide consistent representation and reporting.
I want to see this work being adopted, I am willing to review and contribute to this draft.
[Qin]: Thanks, appreciated.

A few quick comments on v-03 based on our offline discussion:
1. It is not clear metric group should be part of opm tags, if my understanding is correct, the metric group is used to
correlate different type network performance metrics together and serve as context information, suggest to split metric group
from opm tags.
[Qin]:Good point, I have separated the metric group from opm tags in v-04. In addition,  I update the use case in section 1.1.1 to
Describe metric group usage as context information.

2. Can you provide a NETCONF example on data object tag management?
[Qin]:Good suggestion, I have added NETCONF example in the appendix.

3. Data Node Tags and Data object Tags are used in many places, I believe they are interchangeable, for consistency,
please use one or another.
[Qin]: I got the similar comments from Peng, I will fix this terminology inconsistency issue in v-05.

4. Section 7.2, suggest to split Metric group from data node tag, I also believe data node tag should be changed into OPM tag
based on the context provided.
 [Qin]: Agree,  I have introduced another registry for metric group tag and define initial values for it. Thanks for your good suggestion.
Best Regards,
Wei Wang
China Telecom