Re: [Netslices] netslicing/netslices: Potential next steps

Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com> Mon, 31 July 2017 13:29 UTC

From: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
To: Jeff Tantsura <jefftant.ietf@gmail.com>, Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
CC: IAB <iab-bounces@iab.org>, "NetSlices@ietf.org" <NetSlices@ietf.org>, "qiangli (D)" <qiangli3@huawei.com>, Yudelei <yudelei@huawei.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 13:29:35 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.45.61.226]
Subject: Re: [Netslices] netslicing/netslices: Potential next steps

Jeff,

Thanks for your advice. It is always in our mind that we should be consistent with IETF’s efforts. In our plan, we should be able to introduce our primary design for the unified slice template/object by early September. It would then be subject to be modified according to IETF discussion. The orchestration algorithms and mapping implementation, for my understanding, is out of IETF standardization scope, and we do not have plan to open source them (at least for now). The API and data models are open for invoking or interoperating.

Our demonstration in IETF 100 Bits-NBites would prove the design of the unified slice template/object is doable and can be mapped into specific network infrastructures. However, due to different ability, capability & resources of various network infrastructures, it may not be all aspects of the unified slice template/object that can be mapped.

Best regards,

Sheng