[nfsv4] rough consensus and the read sparse I-D RE: nfsv4.x

Spencer Shepler <sshepler@microsoft.com> Fri, 10 September 2010 19:27 UTC

From: Spencer Shepler <sshepler@microsoft.com>
To: "nfsv4@ietf.org" <nfsv4@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:27:35 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.54.51.73]
Subject: [nfsv4] rough consensus and the read sparse I-D RE: nfsv4.x

Note that determination of rough consensus is the purview of the
working group (co-)chair.  There have been occasions where I have been
asked by the AD for a positive show of support via the WG alias as
a method of ensuring there was support; however, it is up to the co-chairs
to determine the best method of rough consensus for the group, etc.

As for read sparse, it is clear that there is support for the ideas but there
is still work to be done as to the details -- taking the opportunity to
point out that the referenced draft has expired.

Spencer