July 9 nfsv4wg Meeting

Initial Version (sent on 6/29/2020)

Introduction

This description is for our Interim virtual meeting occurring on July 7 (at 9AM PDT == 4PM UTC).   Given that we are not meeting the week of IETF 108, it is easily attended by those not prepared to deal with a meeting scheduled to be convenient (only) to those using CEST.

Meeting Scheduling and Access

Time and Date

PDT

9:00-11:00

Thursday,  July 9, 2020

CDT

11:00-13:00

EDT

12:00-14:00

UTC

16:00-18:00

CEST

18:00-20:00

Meeting

URL

https://ietf.webex.
com/ietf/j.php?MTID=mef56921edfe5a931dedf7851b1507ebf

Meeting Number (access code)

161-650-4470

Meeting Password

 mfCmcQ8VC2

Meeting Agenda

This agenda is for our Interim virtual meeting occurring on July 9 (at 9AM PDT == 4PM UTC).   We anticipate only a single meeting and it will deal with both existing work and new ideas.

I’ll be sending out a final version next week.  I don’t anticipate much change although I’d appreciate it if speakers reviewed the talk descriptions and sent me updates.

Note that, with regard to the milestone (MS) column:

·        WBD means that we expect this item to get a milestone soon after the meeting and expect the working group discussion to contribute to the target date to be chosen.

·        TBD means that we not have a milestone for this item and may decide to create one, based in part, on the results of the working group discussion.

Who

Time

MS

Doc

Description

D. Noveck

5

min.

N/A

Introduction including NOTE WELL.

D. Noveck

5

min.

N/A

Agenda bashing.

S. Faibish

20

min.

Yes.

?

Discussion of progress and plans for standards-track document describing use of NVMe  in connection with pNFS.

D. Noveck

10 min.

N/A

Discussion of overall process for rfc5661bis.

5

min

2/2021

I-D

Discussion of revised internationalization document (for all minor versions) to be referenced by rfc5661bis.

20 min.

WBD

I-D

Discussion of needed changes for new NFSv4 security approach.

5 min.

WBD

No.

Discussion of plans and status for a revised NFSv4.1 specification.

C. Lever

15

min.

12/2020

Yes.

Discussion of status and possible remaining issues for RPC-over-RDMA v2.

S. Faibish

15 min.

TBD

I-D

Discussion of proposed storage compression attributes and associated implementation plans.

D. Noveck

10

min.

N/A

Discussion of issues with directory delegation concerning how directory entry cookies are  to be managed.

D. Noveck

5 min.

N/A

Review of document and milestone status.