Re: [nfsv4] Use of RFC 8174 in RFC-to-be draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-04

Tom Talpey <tom@talpey.com> Fri, 31 July 2020 12:32 UTC

To: nfsv4@ietf.org
From: Tom Talpey <tom@talpey.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 08:32:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Use of RFC 8174 in RFC-to-be draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-04

On 7/31/2020 8:03 AM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please see inline. WG please provide input.

I feel that it would be risky as heck to change all those "must"s,
to both the document and the existing implementations. At a minimum,
after consuming the WG's bandwidth, it will repeat the process N times
for the latter. It should stick with 2119 as-is.

When and if a non-bis non-sesqui non-ter non-whatever version is done,
obviously it should use 8174 and avoid these non-normative terms.

Tom.