[nfsv4] Virtual meeting scheduling (wasL Re: Network File System Version 4 (nfsv4) WG Virtual Meeting: 2020-07-09)

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Thu, 09 July 2020 01:22 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 21:22:43 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: IESG Secretary <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>
cc: nfsv4@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org
Subject: [nfsv4] Virtual meeting scheduling (wasL Re: Network File System Version 4 (nfsv4) WG Virtual Meeting: 2020-07-09)

Hi.
Even with the "sorry, something went wrong" at the end of this
note and the posted revision 18 minutes later (with that apology
removed), are we really allowing a WG Interim meeting to be held
less than 19 hours after its announcement to the IETF Announce
list?

There is an obvious matter of principle because people who are
interested in the WG's work but might not have been actively
participating on its mailing list (assuming there more notice on
that list) might not be able to arrange attendance with that
sort of notice.  Equally important, there has been an extended
discussion of some of the directions of NFS on another list that
might reasonably justify a summary or discussion on the agenda
but presumably cannot be proposed given this short notice.

If it should have been announced earlier but slipped through
that cracks that is regrettable but should still not, at least
IMO, be justification for going ahead with a meeting on such
short notice.

thanks,
   john

--On Wednesday, July 8, 2020 14:26 -0700 IESG Secretary