Re: [nfsv4] Going forward on I18N in RFC3530 bis

Spencer Shepler <sshepler@microsoft.com> Fri, 10 September 2010 19:31 UTC

From: Spencer Shepler <sshepler@microsoft.com>
To: Thomas Haynes <thomas@netapp.com>, Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:31:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.54.51.73]
Cc: "nfsv4@ietf.org" <nfsv4@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Going forward on I18N in RFC3530 bis

Before getting excited about document separation, let's work through
the review of the details and use that as a means to determine the
best method of document management.

As an aside: The clear goal for rfc35030bis is to fix the bugs with respect to
successful implementation from the text.  Is there any desire from the
WG to consider the document update as attempt to move the
protocol beyond proposed standard or is the sense that it is still
too early or not within the energy envelope of the WG?

Spencer