Visual navigation possibilities with GopherVR for Macintosh and Unix

Jill Foster <Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk> Tue, 04 April 1995 16:40 UTC

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 11:57:47 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Jill Foster <Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk>
To: nir@mailbase.ac.uk
Subject: Visual navigation possibilities with GopherVR for Macintosh and Unix

I know many of you have moved to WWW - but gopher and WWW keep
leap-frogging each other. This announcement of GopherVR for Macintosh and
Unix *enables* possibilities for visual navigation through the information
space. There was a guy from BT at last year's user support workshop that
talked about the BT (British Telecom for the non-UK members) research
dept's work on visual navigation as an alternative method of displaying
relationships between information.

Sorry for the cross-posting - just trying to get some discussion going
here. Anyone on these (quiet :-( ) lists working in this sort of area?
Would be good to see some examples of what is possible.

-- Jill