"checklist" for NIR Report

April Marine <amarine@atlas.arc.nasa.gov> Sun, 10 October 1993 21:40 UTC

To: nir@mailbase.ac.uk
Cc: amarine@atlas.arc.nasa.gov
Subject: "checklist" for NIR Report
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1993 14:37:39 -0700
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: April Marine <amarine@atlas.arc.nasa.gov>

Hi NIRites!

OK, at the risk of rotten tomato flinging, here is what I was
thinking of as a simple checklist, quick-glance matrix we might
consider including in the NIR Report.  I think that for each
tool, such a checklist would be good if it concentrated on answering
only the questions:  What's it good at? and What's it available in?

For "what's it good at?", I thought the taxonomy info referenced
in the report would be ideal, so I used those terms.  They also
coincided with the terms Jill had written in Amsterdam that I found
in my notes.  Unfortunately, I'm not totally sure what they mean!
And even if I knew what they meant, I'm not sure I would fill
them in correctly.  So, you'll notice that I left that part blank
until I get a little more info.

I also left blank the part about what types of info (text, pictures,
etc.) are accessible via the tools.  That I did partly, again, so I
wouldn't have to figure it out (although that wouldn't be too
difficult), but more because I was not sure we wanted that item
included in the matrix.

Then I just put down the client and server platforms.  Now, if I did
this wrong, it's because I'm ignorant.  Please do send corrections
here.  I tried to follow the report as closely as possible, but I
just wanted platforms, not actual implementations, if you get what
I mean.

Well, with all that preamble....here it is.  There were several people
who volunteered to help with this last time.  Maybe they in particular
can start tearing this apart/filling it in/correcting/etc.?  But
anyone who wants to fix it, please, please do.

thanks,
April

			alex	archie	gopher	Hytelnet

1. Taxonomy: