NIR Status Report - last update

Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk Fri, 08 October 1993 18:09 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 19:05:17 +0100
To: nir@mailbase.ac.uk, nir-contributors@mailbase.ac.uk
Subject: NIR Status Report - last update
Cc: nir-request@mailbase.ac.uk

                 Last Chance  to Update the NIR Report!!

 The IETF/RARE/CNI Networked Information Retrieval (NIR) Working Group
 has collected together information about networked information
 retrieval tools, their developers and other interested organisations
 working in this area.

 This status report will be submitted as a final draft RFC before Houston
and then (on agreement of the group) will be submitted soon afterwards to
the IESG and RARE RTC as an RFC and RTR.

George and I have just not had the time over the summer to push this - but
we should all now try to get this wrapped up. (We're almost there).

The current version of the report can be found:

  file://mailbase.ac.uk/pub/lists/nir/files/nir.status.report

 It is time to update the various sections of the report to
 form a current "snapshot" on the activities in the area of networked
 information retrieval (NIR).  I would like to have these updated ready
 for circulation a week before the Nov.  IETF meeting.

 Authors of the various sections of the report will receive their chunk to
update. This should be returned to nir-request@mailbase.ac.uk by Wednesday
20th October.

 Thanks for your help. This should be the last time the report is updated
(this year!). Many people value the report (thanks to you all) - and we'll
make sure it's advertised widely this time.

Jill