NIR "State of Play" report

Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk Mon, 28 September 1992 12:38 UTC

Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1992 18:47:56 -0000
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.NRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk
Subject: NIR "State of Play" report
To: nir@cc.mcgill.ca
Cc: wg-isus@rare.nl

 The first version of the report will concentrate on the following:

 Applications etc
 ================

 World Wide Web:         Tim Berners-Lee
 Archie                  Peter Deutsch and Alan Emtage
 Prospero                Cliff Neuman
 WAIS                    Brewster Kahle/George Brett?
 gopher                  Farhad Anklesaria/Mark Mcahill
 Hytelnet                Peter Scott
 Alex                    Vince Cate
 Hyper-G                 Florian Schnabel
 Knowbot                 Vint Cerf
 Soft Pages              Thomas Johannsen

 Some of you felt that:

 Netfind
 Whois
 X.500 Service

 should also be included.

 Please let me know if you feel strongly that these should NOT be included.

 The list of groups included is as follows. (No new ones added).

 Organisations/Projects
 ======================

 CNI          CNI-arch                  Clifford Lynch
              Top Node                  Craig Summerhill
              Directory                 George Brett

 RARE         ISUS                      Jill Foster

 IETF         IAFA                      Peter Deutsch/Alan Emtage
              OSI-DS                    Steve Kille
              NISI                      April Marine
              URL                       Tim Berners-Lee
              IIIS   (new)              Chris Weider
              URI    (new)              Peter Deutsch/Alan Emtage
              NIR  (joint IETF/RARE WG) George Brett/Jill Foster

 IRTF         Resource Discovery        Mike Schwartz

 WAIS Support Centre?                   George Brett

 Nordic  SR-project (SR-NETT)           Geir Perdersen

 USMARC/OCLC project                    Rebecca Guenther

 I'm busy redoing the templates.  (I've just got back to them.  Life's
 a bit hectic.  Apologies) I hope to get the revised templates out by
 mid-week for a final check over before they are sent to the various
 people to complete them.

 Thanks for your help.

 -- Jill