NIR Report Update time

Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk Thu, 24 June 1993 08:26 UTC

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1993 09:21:13 +0100
To: nir@mailbase.ac.uk
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk
Subject: NIR Report Update time

                 Time to Update the NIR Report!!

 The IETF/RARE/CNI Networked Information Retrieval (NIR) Working Group
 has collected together information about networked information
 retrieval tools, their developers and other interested organisations
 working in this area.

 The current version (March '93) of this draft Status Report may
 be retrieved by anonymous ftp from:

           mailbase.ac.uk

  file:    /pub/nir/nir.status.report

 It is time to update the various sections of the report to
 form a current "snapshot" on the activities in the area of networked
 information retrieval (NIR).  I would like to have these updated ready
 for circulation before the July IETF meeting (starts 12th July).

 I will email the authors of the various sections of the report, to
 update their sections and return them to me by Tuesday 6th July if
 at all possible.

 The NIR tools and groups included in the current report are given
 below.  I'd welcome suggestions for others to be included.

 NIR Tools:

      Alex
      archie
      gopher
      Hytelnet
      Netfind
       NCSA X-Mosaic
      Prospero
      Veronica
      WAIS
      WHOIS
      World Wide Web
      X.500 White Pages

 Groups:

      CNI             CNI-arch
                      Top node
                      Directory
                      Z39.50 Interoperability Testbed

      IETF            IDS WG
                      OSI-DS WG
                      NISI WG
                      URI WG
                      IIIR WG
                      WNILS
                      NIR-WG    joint IETF/RARE WG

      OCLC            USMARC WG

      RARE            ISUS WG   joint NIR task force with IETF

 Thanks very much for your help with this.

 Best wishes - Jill

 Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk (NIR-WG co-chair).