Help please

Internet Training <lynqs@tyrell.net> Thu, 08 December 1994 18:49 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 Dec 1994 12:24:10 -0600
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Internet Training <lynqs@tyrell.net>
To: jkrey@isi.edu
Cc: iafa@bunyip.com, ids@merit.edu, isn-wg@unmvma.unm.edu, nir@mailbase.ac.uk
Subject: Help please

Hello,
I am an Internet instructor in the Kansas City area and have two
questions for which I can not find answers for. Please help if you can
(would be glad for other people to contact if no answers are available
from any of you)

#1)

Local BBS sysop has a problem with Pagesat and wishes to file an
"Internet transmission"
complaint with someone. Pagesat is transmitting e-mail to BBS addressed
to folks not on the BBS.
I am not sure if anyone can help but I would at least like to tell him
for sure that NSFNET (or whomever) does not monitor this, does not take
responsibility for this, or that it is procedure to send all e-mail in a
download (over Pagesat) regardless of addressee. Sysop is concerned for
two reasons:
1) private mail comming to him--not his or anyone on his boards.
2) cost of transmission for mail not addressed to his system.

#2)

I need to know how to contact the administrators of the various IRC
servers (namely uiuc, mit). I have tried everything I can think of to
obtain e-addresses for appropriate people and have failed.

If there is anything you can do about either of these or send me to
someone who might be able to help, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Gia Preston