Urgent: NIR Report review

Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk Wed, 23 February 1994 19:41 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Jill.Foster@newcastle.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 19:12:23 +0000
To: nir@mailbase.ac.uk, unite@mailbase.ac.uk, wg-isus@rare.nl
Subject: Urgent: NIR Report review
Cc: kgamiel@kudzu.cnidr.org

A couple of the volunteers to review parts of the NIR report have not
delivered the goods and have gone in communicado! This is now getting
urgent. I need some kind helpful people!!

I need more volunteers to do an independent review one of two of the
following sections from the NIR report. I'm afraid it needs to be completed
within the next week.

NIR Tools:
     Prospero
     Veronica
     WHOIS
Groups:
    CNIDR       Clearing House for Networked Information Discovery
                                                      and Retrieval
   OSI-Directory Service (OSI-DS)
   RARE        Information Services and User Support Working Group
                  (ISUS)
   USMARC/OCLC USMARC Advisory Group; OCLC Internet Resources
                   Cataloging Experiment (USMARC/OCLC)

If you are interested, please reply to me (not the lists) giving preference
for a template to review. I will then allocate you one or more templates. I
would like each volunteer to liaise with the template contributors (and
Kevin and me) on how (if at all) their templates should be
modified/updated. You should be looking for accuracy of the information as
far as you can tell from your knowledge of the deployment of the NIR tools,
the groups, information you've seen on associated mailing lists etc. You
are not expected to try out the software or to make lengthy searches for
information (although some checking of on-line info may be required of
course).

Thanks *very* much in anticipation. I'll acknowledge the reviewers in the
acknowledgement section of the report.

-- Jill