Re: [Nmlrg] Closedown of the proposed NMLRG and NMLRG mail list

Jérôme François <jerome.francois@inria.fr> Thu, 08 December 2016 09:32 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:32:22 +0100
From: Jérôme François <jerome.francois@inria.fr>
To: "Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@mitre.org>, Pedro Martinez-Julia <pedro@nict.go.jp>, Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>
Cc: "nmlrg@irtf.org" <nmlrg@irtf.org>, Albert Cabellos <albert.cabellos@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Nmlrg] Closedown of the proposed NMLRG and NMLRG mail list

Dear all,

First thank you Sheng, Albert and all NMRG contributors for the effort
and tim given.

From my opinion:
- Network management should be also enough broad (FCAPS) but this raises
an issue regarding our positioning to NMRG.  An option is also to
propose a workshop series on AI to NMRG (In a similar way, I for example
participate regularily to flow management workshop series)
- But we should not focus on autonomic networking which is restrictive.
For example, data-mining for extracting knwolegde may not necessarily
lead to autonomic decisions but just reporting. So, then it depends if
data-mining is included in AI. In my opinion, it is but people may have
different ones.
- Another question: I understand from Sheng's email that main problem
with NMLRG is that the topics and discussion were too divergent. Thus,
does it make sense to have a broader scope?

best regards,
jerome