Re: [nmrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-li-nmrg-intent-classification-00.txt

"Liushucheng (Will Liu)" <liushucheng@huawei.com> Thu, 25 April 2019 08:34 UTC

From: "Liushucheng (Will Liu)" <liushucheng@huawei.com>
To: Juergen Schoenwaelder <j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de>
CC: "nmrg@irtf.org" <nmrg@irtf.org>, "draft-li-nmrg-intent-classification@ietf.org" <draft-li-nmrg-intent-classification@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:34:15 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.25.127.193]
Subject: Re: [nmrg] FW: New Version Notification for draft-li-nmrg-intent-classification-00.txt

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the question.  IMHO, the two draft are complementary.

draft-clemm-nmrg-dist-intent-01 is a good start to clearify the concept of intent and relationship between intent and policy.

The abstract of draft-clemm-nmrg-dist-intent-01:
Intent and Intent-Based Networking are taking the industry by storm. At the same time, those terms are used loosely and often inconsistently, in many cases overlapping with other concepts such as "policy". This document is therefore intended to clarify the concept of "Intent" and how it relates to other concepts. The goal is to contribute towards a common and shared understanding of terms and concepts which can then be used as foundation to guide further definition of valid research and engineering problems and their solutions.

draft-li-nmrg-intent-classification-00 is a summary of the categorization of intent and can be the a good baseline to refer to when we discuss the scope of intent. E.g., we could easily refer to this draft to describe which kinds of intent we are working firstly in NMRG and which are not covered here or being worked in other SDOs.

I've been discussing with Alex about the next step of the two drafts and we can discuss this in today online meeting.

Regards, / 致礼!
Will LIU  / 刘树成