Visit with Adobe

Steve Smith <steve@next-s.lanl.gov> Tue, 06 October 1992 22:19 UTC

Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1992 15:53:15 -0600
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.NRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Steve Smith <steve@next-s.lanl.gov>
To: print-wg@pa.dec.com
Subject: Visit with Adobe
Cc: steve@p.lanl.gov

I will be at Adobe Systems on October 21 and October 23 discussing a wide
variety of issues.

Friday, the 23rd will be dedicated mostly to Adobe addressing several
DOE/DOD/NASA/EDU organizations providing output services, both from a
computing/printing standpoint and institutional graphics arts services
standpoint.

Is anyone in this group from that world (public institutions) and interested
in attending.  Does anyone in this group have questions or issues that they
would like me to raise with Adobe?

Sorry for the late notice.

Here are the subjects I suggested that you all might be interested in:

PostScript Interpreters
Fonts
Display PS
Carousel (preview, random access, et cetera)
Illustrator/Photoshop
Unix Support
Custom Products
Level II support/products

Here is an excerpt from Adobe's e-mail.  I will be meeting with them prior
to the 23rd and would have a chance to alert them to other topics that
any of you might want them to address.  Some of the discussion will be
Non-Disclosure.

*** Begin Included Message ***

On Friday morning we could try to have John or Chuck open the day with Adobe
vision stuff. Then follow that with Torey Bruno on CPSI, Dano Ybarra on DPS,
Tom Schramm on PostScript, and Bob Koch or Peter Kester on Fonts. We could plan
to have have lunch over a discussion of SPDL, SGML and other standards issues
with Tom Schramm who is dying to get real world opinions about those issues.
After lunch we could have a discussion/demo of Carousel with Rob Babcock or
Frank Boosman. It would be great to distill relevant files that the group will
recognize and demo Carousel by bringing them up on different platforms. I will
need PostScript files in order to have them distilled. This will bring the day
to about 2 p.m after which you and Manuel can stay to pursue specific items for
the rest of your afternoon.

*** End Included Message ***

Thanks,
  Steve Smith