RE: Info on WG

"DECprint Arch." (508)467-8299 MR01-2/K20 09-Feb-1994 0717 -0500 <hastings@hannah.enet.dec.com> Wed, 09 February 1994 14:04 UTC

Date: Wed, 09 Feb 1994 04:30:23 -0800
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "DECprint Arch. 467-8299 MR01-2/K20 09-Feb-1994 0717 -0500" <hastings@hannah.enet.dec.com>
To: iis@actcom.co.il
Cc: print-wg@pa.dec.com, hastings@hannah.enet.dec.com
Apparently-To: print-wg@Pa.dec.com, iis@actcom.co.il
Subject: RE: Info on WG

> From:	NSL::"iis@actcom.co.il" "Orly"  2-FEB-1994 02:07:50.37
> To:	nsl::print-wg
> CC:
> Subj:	Info on WG
>

> Hello,
>
> I discovered some days ago that there is a Working Group
> on Print issues.
> I am interested in getting the discussions of this working group.
> But my Internet link does not allow me - by the time being - to
> be a subscribed Mail receiver.I wonder if anyone could tell me
> where I can find an anonymous FTP server which serves as a depository
> for the latest discussions.
> 					Thank you !
> 		Shlomo AM-SHALEM.

A new IETF WG has just been approved to develop a printer MIB.
Attached is its charter.  The same people are likely to develop a
second charter when this work is done (next June or July) to do a
print spooler (or print queue) MIB.   However, neither of these groups
would be developing print or printer protocols, just MIBs to be used
with SNMP and other management protocols to manage printers and print
systems (or at maybe just print queues), respectively.

As far as I know the print-wg (this mailing list), is defunct.

So I'm copying the approved new charter for the Printer MIB
(printMIB) WG to the entire print-wg, for their information and invite
any of you to join.  We meet monthly and/or you can participate via
e-mail as described below.  The FTP repository is also listed.

The next meeting is in SnowBird Utah, 22-23 Feb (probably too late to
get reservations).

The following meeting will be during the IETF plenary in Seattle,
probably on Friday, 25-March.  Details to be forthcoming via the mail
list.

Tom