Re: [NSIS] NATFW NSLP; using REA mode for blocking data flows

Martin Stiemerling <stiemerling@netlab.nec.de> Mon, 22 May 2006 14:14 UTC

From: Martin Stiemerling <stiemerling@netlab.nec.de>
Subject: Re: [NSIS] NATFW NSLP; using REA mode for blocking data flows
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:14:11 +0200
To: Ali Fessi <ali.fessi@uni-tuebingen.de>
Cc: nsis <nsis@ietf.org>

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am in dislike about UCREATE, because the
current REA and CREATE have basically two very different semantics.
CREATE is creating a path from the sender to the receiver, where REA
is solely reserving the resources for a CREATE.

The "upstream" part sounds reasonable for a new name, but Robert has
pointed out that this term might be confusing for the reader. The
direction might not be obvious...

So we still need a new name :-) Any other suggestions?

   Martin