Re: [NSIS] Gen-Art Review: draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-22.txt

Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> Mon, 23 November 2009 08:34 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:34:48 +0100
From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
To: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Cc: IETF discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-nsis-qspec@tools.ietf.org, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>, Mary Barnes <mary.barnes@nortel.com>, nsis@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [NSIS] Gen-Art Review: draft-ietf-nsis-qspec-22.txt

Hi Joel and Jerry,

Yes, these are clearly left overs before forcing all the documents into
experimental. I commented in AD review about registration rules
requiring standards track. Which I believe is fixed, but the comments in
the document seems to not have been fixed.

Secondly I think we need to have a discussion on the intended status of
the document. I think I personally do have a preference for publication
as experimental. I agree that it defines so much of the data format and
its rules that it makes sense to have it on the experimental track,
rather than informational.

More views and arguments please.

Magnus

--