Re: [Ntp] NTS4UPTP Rev 03 - Formal request for WG adoption

"Langer, Martin" <mart.langer@ostfalia.de> Tue, 01 June 2021 23:28 UTC

From: "Langer, Martin" <mart.langer@ostfalia.de>
To: NTP WG <ntp@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 23:28:14 +0000
x-originating-ip: [141.41.8.54]
Subject: Re: [Ntp] NTS4UPTP Rev 03 - Formal request for WG adoption

Hello all,

I would like to express my point of view here, even though I am very busy at
the moment and can therefore only follow the discussion to a limited extent.
I am supporting the NTS4UPTP draft, because I also think we need a solution
for PTP. Using a pure NTS secured NTP as watchdog is not sufficient in my opinion.

This discussion applies to my proposal (NTS4PTP) as well. I deliberately haven't
pushed it yet, as it's still under revision. I hope to be able to read all the comments
on this topic next week and be a bit more precise about my point of view.

best regards,

Martin

-------------------
Martin Langer, M.Eng.
Ostfalia Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften
- Hochschule Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel
University of Applied Sciences

Labor Datentechnik, Labor Design Digitaler Systeme
Fakultät Elektrotechnik
Salzdahlumer Straße 46/48
38302 Wolfenbüttel
Germany